Thursday, June 15, 2006

Some weeks ago, from our classroom window we could see a big display of trucks in front of the football stadium. The gates were closed and nobody could have a look at what was happening there. Someone told us they were shooting a commercial.
Just a few days before the World Cup started, this commercial was shown on TV. It's a Coca Cola campaign and it's become very popular because it has a catchy melody. It's a variation of Billy Joel's "We didn't start the fire".
My 13-year old daughter has learned the words by heart after watching the spot just a few times. Don't expect much. You'll see only a couple of views of the stands. The stadium at the end of the commercial is River Plates's, which is in Buenos Aires.
I know there's another commercial around, which was also shot in "our" stadium. A friend of mine who lives in Miami told me about it. But we haven't seen it here yet. I'll try to get more information and find it on the web. enjoy this one for the time being.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erika Cruvinel said...

Congratulations! I've just watched Argentina's game against Servia Montenegro and you've won by a landslide (6 x 0)! Not sure if Brazil can do that next game! Hope so!

I had so much fun watching this Coke commercial! Do you believe the same commercial is showing in Brazil? It's exactly the same one, but it's in Portuguese, and htye show hte MaracanĂ£ Stadium in the end, not River Plate's. I was shocked! I had no idea Coca-cola was cheering for other teams! What a smart marketing department they have!

Our scrapbook is almost done and my students are anxious to see yours! I'm mailing it to Claudia next week!

Cheer for Brazil on Sunday, ok?

Big Hugs

Erika

10:08 AM  
Blogger Erika Cruvinel said...

I meant "it shows MaracanĂ£ Stadium"...

10:09 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Claudia and Erika,

Great coke commercial! It's a fun way to start an otherwise hot and overcast day here in Boston :-)

I wish that I had some students to participate in a scrapbook project with you :(

Sharon

3:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home